Ohana Day School
The Early Childhood Curriculum:
- Offers a blend of traditional and creative methods
- Provides a print-rich environment
- Employs a multi-sensory program geared to the developmental needs of all children
- Encourages independent and creative thinking skills as well as creative self-expression
- Teaches respect and an understanding of the differences of others
- Incorporates play to teach children how to share, cooperate, take turns, and work together in a respectful manner
- Fosters exploration and discovery
- Utilizes phonics and whole language approach
- Provides frequent opportunities for writing and drawing as expressions of concepts or experiences
- Strengthens fine motor skills and encourages proper pencil grip utilizing “Handwriting without Tears” philosophy and activities
- Lays the foundation for character education
The Pre-K program for 3 & 4-year-olds runs five days a week — from 7:30 am – 4 pm.
Pre-K students are required to be 3 years old before September 1 of their entry year and must have mastered independent bathroom skills prior to entry.